You are in the solar energy business. The market is expanding and you want your piece of the pie with increased sales.
But what can you do to cultivate interest and increase your sales volume? This article provides six time-tested tips for how to do exactly this!
Renewable energy businesses help clients in their effort to lower environmental pollution while also decreasing their household energy bills. In fact, this is a rapidly growing sector, with more and more people deciding to power their houses with solar panels or units instead of fossil fuel.
So, now it’s a great time to step up your marketing and advertising game as the critical aspect of your overall marketing strategy. But, how should you do that? Well, certain tactics work better than others which is why we decided to unveil some of these techniques.
1. Research Your Target Audience
Know how your prospective clients think and behave and adjust your marketing initiatives to match each local market that you want to do business in. Knowing your public in terms of demographics, needs, and income levels is crucial if you want your marketing campaign to be successful.
What’s interesting in this area is the fact that you should focus less on millennials and more on older individuals because the first group doesn’t contain that many homeowners. Also, you can rely on the benefits that solar energy users might get such as less expensive bills and more money for retirement.
If you would like a how-to guide for researching and segmenting your target clients, click here.
2. Educate and Inform Your Audience
Do not just sell! Before clients make a buying decision, they need to know what they are in for. So, they ask around, seek details and reviews online, etc.
However, the market for renewable energy still has a significant knowledge gap that must be filled. You should perceive this issue as a huge business opportunity to develop and publish relevant and useful content that makes a difference in the minds of your potential consumers. In short, you need a powerful and consistently delivered content strategy.
Your content strategy should align with not only your solar products or services, but align with your company’s mission, core values and overall brand identity. How can you do this?
- Write an eBook about what makes your solar company amazing, its product or service offerings, and how these will benefit the lives of your target audience.
- Publish useful and informative articles that reinforce your brand identity and needs of your target audience via your company's blog.
- Share relevant and useful information through your social media channels.
One of the most effective forms of communication is video. You have heard of the phrase, "a picture is worth a thousand words"? Well, digital marketing expert James McQuivey estimates that a single minute of video content is the equivalent of 1.8 million words! But that's not the end of it. Check out some of the following statistics brought to you by Hubspot:
- Adding a video to marketing emails has been shown to boost click-through rates by 200-300%.
- Landing pages with embedded videos increase conversion rates by 80%.
- 90% of customers report that product videos help them make purchasing decisions.
- The number of people watching mobile video is growing by 100% every year.
- After watching a video, 64% of customers are more likely to buy a product or service.
- 59% of company decision makers would rather watch a video than read an article or blog post.
This means that your solar energy company simply must have video placed throughout it's website and through its social media channels. Your videos should comprise both informational (about your company) and testimonial (endorsements from your happy clients).
Your videos need to integrate the following:
- The essence of your brand identity (mission, values, what makes you amazing, what you stand for etc.)
- The practical results of using your solar company's products or services (savings, convenience etc.)
- How the use of your products or services will make your target market feel (safe, confident, empowered etc.)
3. Hand Out Catchy Freebies
Let’s face it! People love freebies, so you should definitely create and offer one or several ones of your own. Marketers all around the world have used small yet impactful promotional tools like branded key chains or pens to increase awareness.
Last year was all about fidget spinners. To outrank your competitors, create a unique toy or item that has your logo on it and hand it out during trade shows or corporate events. These might be simple promo gifts but they will get your company noticed for sure.
4. Publish Reviews, Ratings, and Testimonials
Your reputation is created by satisfied consumers. Since it's fair to assume that your solar energy company has plenty of satisfied customers, you should feature their positive feedback on your conversion-based website.
A website that’s focused on converting visitors must present who you are and what your company’s purpose (or brand identity) is. It must also be incredibly informative and educational. Clearly state the solutions you provide and add engaging calls to action.
In solar power industry, reputation is everything, especially for residential leads. Most online users will want to check other clients’ reviews. One way to achieve great feedback is by creating a bulletproof customer service while also delivering valuable solutions. This means making sure to that you get fantastic reviews on Google, Facebook, Yelp etc.
5. Fuel Your Marketing Funnel
Put your sales team at work by continuously attracting new leads. There are certain lead-generating actions that can drive real results:
- Gather as many referrals as possible from your customers which will work as word-of-mouth marketing;
- Invest part of your profits in well-known platforms that specialize in getting you solar energy leads. Grid Freedom is an example of this. Still, make sure to achieve measurable results in a period of time of up to 6 months. Otherwise, this action will affect the company’s customer acquisition cost;
- Try co-marketing by collaborating with complementary businesses. You could also consider becoming a sponsor for schools, sports events, sports teams, and other community events;
- Always remember that both entertainment and humor are essential factors of any good customer relationship strategy. As a matter of fact, several studies have shown that making people laugh is an effective method to capture their attention while also making them acknowledge your brand. This method works fine as long as you use it in an appropriate manner that suits your field of activity.
If you would like even more information about how to create a highly effective digital sales funnel, click here.
Solar Marketing Tips - Bottom Line
The above solar marketing tips are sure make your business stand out and drive leads to your doors. The renewable energy sector is a rapidly developing market so you should take advantage of that to seek, or even create opportunities, to reach out to consumers. Actions like SEO, social media, and email marketing are still important but why not go the extra mile this year to gain more clients and increase sales?!
About Arrow Northwest
You will love how your communications feel. You will be thrilled with the results. Begin the journey today!